Our Visitor Guide includes everything you need for safe and hassle-free travel to and from Mexico.
- Getting Here – List of airlines, car rental companies and bus lines, in addition to detailed directions on how to get here.
- Getting Around / Nayarit Driving Distance Map – Driving distance chart and local transportation.
- Emergency & Important Phone Numbers – Police, hospitals, doctors, veterinarians, consulates, etc.
- Phone & Internet – Calling guide, area codes and internet information.
- Everyday Information / Time Zone Map – Currency, language, time zones, weather and more.
- Travel Tips Guide – What to bring, what to pack, required documents, customs, etc.
- Pet Travel Tips & Regulations – Current regulations and required documents for traveling to/from Mexico.
- Nayarit Surf Report
- Nayarit Maps
- Nayarit Custom Town Maps (created by Explore Nayarit)
- Forum – Jaltemba Bay Folk forum is the best place to ask questions about the area.
Time Zone Reminder
When you arrive in Puerto Vallarta, you will be on Jalisco/Central Time. Once you head north, you will leave the state of Jalisco and cross into the state of Nayarit. While the time zone originally changed at the state line, a time zone change went into affect in 2010 within the Bahía de Banderas municipality, including the towns of Mezcales, Bucerias, Sayulita, San Pancho and Lo de Marcos. So once you pass Lo de Marcos (and head towards Los Ayala, Rincón de Guayabitos and La Peñita), be sure to turn your watches back one hour, as you will now be on Nayarit/Mountain Time.
Upon your return to the airport in Puerto Vallarta, remember that you will lose an hour as the time zone changes back to Central Time. Be sure to set your watches accordingly so you don’t miss your flight.
- View detailed Time Zone Map
Explore the Towns & Beaches
Mexico’s Pacific Coast is known for its charming coastal towns, pristine bays, jungle-covered mountains, golden sand beaches, spectacular sunsets, diverse flora and fauna, fabulous food, great shopping, colorful Huichol Indian artwork, outstanding surf breaks, world-class golf courses, and friendly hard-working people. Here, you’ll find the perfect mix – from quaint fishing villages to secluded beach hideaways, from flea markets to chic boutiques, from micheladas to martinis, from budget hotels to ritzy gated resorts – and they’re all waiting to be explored.
Get out there and explore Nayarit, Mexico!
- Learn about our Towns & Beaches