Novamar Insurance Mexico
We opened our Puerto Vallarta office in 2007. Having a local presence allows us to communicate directly with our clients, and to build face-to-face working relationships with local insurance providers, medical facilities and other insurance-related businesses and individuals here.
We offer medical, travel, life, homeowner, renter, condo association, business, Mexican-plated auto, foreign-plated auto, and pretty much any other type of insurance you can think of – and our policies are underwritten by financially stable insurance companies.
What Makes Us Different from Our Competitors?
As we stated above, Novamar Insurance Mexico has had an office in Puerto Vallarta since 2007. Many of our competitors do not have a physical presence in Mexico.
Our main market includes expats and tourists, not Mexican locals.
Our policies have been created specifically for the unique wants, needs and budget of expats living in Mexico, as well as tourists who are visiting Mexico. Some of our policies and coverages are the only policies of their kind offered in Mexico.
Our Mexican competitors sell insurance mainly to Mexican locals (because they are Mexicans themselves) and the expat market is secondary.
We are legally established to sell insurance in Mexico.
There are a few expats throughout Mexico that offer insurance, but they are not legally authorized to do so, and do not have an agent number.
We have expats on staff and we speak English.
Our team consists of expats. We are completely fluent in English, and we provide complimentary English translations for a majority of documents that are written in Spanish. Our main competitors are Mexicans who speak English.
We have our own in-house Claims Department.
Our in-house Claims Department helps our clients through the entire claims process and acts as a middle man between our clients and the insurance providers, to make sure things are being done correctly and efficiently, and to make sure the client is satisfied with what happened.
We have many years of experience.
Our Mexican director has been in the insurance industry for 20+ years and has worked for insurance brokerages and companies in Mexico City, Tijuana, San Diego and Chicago. Because of his experience, he has many connections with people in top positions with other insurance providers and is very knowledgeable about all sectors of the insurance industry.
Click the More Information tab (above) to learn more about us and our policies.
“It’s about you, our client.”
Hours & Details
Monday–Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Business Categories: Insurance
Health Insurance in Mexico
When it comes to being insured out of your home country, it can be very difficult to find a program that suits all your needs. Direct payment to hospitals and doctors, English-speaking assistance 24/7, affordable costs and a program with a system similar to other health insurance companies in your home country are all important concerns for most expats in Mexico.
Novamar Insurance Mexico understands the struggle you can have when choosing the right option for your individual needs and budget. When talking about insurance programs specifically for expats in Mexico, Novamar leads the way with English-speaking staff located in Mexico, not thousands of miles away in the U.S. or Canada. Novamar’s local service is where you need it – locally, in Mexico.
Our Health Insurance programs have been specifically designed to suit the needs of our clients and to provide the peace of mind knowing that every program we offer can be quoted, sold and serviced in English.
You will find that our Health Insurance in Mexico differs from the rest of the market for many reasons, including:
- 24/7 assistance in your own language
- Free choice of hospitals around the world (including the U.S. and Canada)
- Deductibles from as low as $250-5,000 USD
- Only one deductible per insured per year. Most health insurance companies in Mexico have a deductible per illness or accident (so if you have to visit the doctor/hospital for more than one case during the year, you have to cover all deductibles before receiving any coverage from the insurance company).
- Zero co-insurance in your policy
- Renewal for life
- Direct payment to hospitals and doctors
- Reasonable waiting period for most pre-existing conditions
- Coverage for amateur and professional sports (hunting, climbing, football, bungee, etc.).
Mexican Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance for Tourists
We offer Mexican Auto Insurance for Mexican residents, as well as Mexican Auto Insurance for tourists visiting Mexico in foreign-plated vehicles.
Auto Insurance for US/Canadians Residents in Mexico
Due to recent changes in immigration laws, it is becoming difficult to keep U.S. and Canadian plated vehicles in Mexico long-term. In response to these changes, we have designed and negotiated the “Amigos de Novamar Mexican Plated Vehicle Insurance Program” for for Americans and Canadians in Mexico. The program has the best terms and conditions at the lowest auto insurance price in the market with premiums up to 35% lower than the competition.
Unique Homeowners Insurance Programs for Mexico
Novamar Insurance Mexico provides insurance for free-standing homes, condos, townhomes and townhouses. Our easy-to-read English language policy translation provides peace of mind. We also provide these unique features for your home located anywhere in Mexico:
- Hurricane coverage without seasonal restrictions
- US lawsuit liability coverage (if sued in US court)
- No deductible except for catastrophic loss
The Novamar Mexico™ Homeowners Program offers the only insurance product that protects the buyer’s investment and lender’s interest in the event of total loss. Novamar Mexico™ homeowner’s policies are underwritten by GMX Seguros.
Limitations and Restrictions
This coverage is available anywhere in Mexico only for solidly constructed buildings, not for homes with wood ceilings or walls.
Major Coverage Features for All-Risk Home Insurance
- Catastrophic coverage (for hurricanes (hydro-meteorological phenomena) and earthquakes) available year-round
- US lawsuit liability
- Domestic third party liability
- Debris removal
- Extra expenses
- Electrical domestic equipment
- Money and securities
- Glass breakage
- Assault and/or robbery outside your home
- Jewelry and valuable objects
- Personal clothing in custody of laundry or alteration
- NO DEDUCTIBLE: Only in catastrophic coverage (hydro-meteorological phenomena and earthquake)
- Emergency services such as plumbing, locksmith, electricity, legal assistance and funeral expenses
- Policies in English and Spanish
Call or email us via the form below to get a quote!
Leave a Review
Location: We are located on the 2nd Floor, Colonia Villa las Flores
*Note: The map location does not show up, because this business is out of our area.
- Owner/Manager: Roberto Castellanos
- Address: Francisco Medina Ascencio 2902
- Town: Puerto Vallarta
01 (800) 627-4637 (long distance)
- Cell: (322) 136 8752
- US/Canada Phone: (949) 274-4111 (ext. 130)
- US/Canada Cell: