The Jaltemba Bay/La Peñita Rotary Club makes a difference in the lives of our coastal communities every day. It does so thanks to local community support and participation at the club’s annual dinner dance fundraiser coming up this Saturday, January 25.
What does your donation do? The Jaltemba Bay/La Peñita Rotary Club is one of the most active clubs in Mexico. In five short years, it has completed and/or is actively participating in the following projects:
- Conalep high school has a new computer lab
- New local area kindergartens
- El Tonino school has been remodeled and has new furniture
- Justo Sierra Primary school has a new water filtration system, new plumbing and new painting
- Los Amigos and Cambiando Vidas scholarship students have completed five of six leadership seminars
- The La Peñita Community Center is safer and more functional
- “March for Polio” saw active member participation
- Literacy book mobil reading program is touching the lives of hundreds of kindergarten kids in 12 rural schools
- The Nayarit Bird Conservation program is rolling out as we speak
- Zacualpan La Prepa high school is the beneficiary of a new computer lab, remodeled commercial kitchen and classrooms.
5th Annual Jaltemba Bay Rotary Dinner Dance
Please join us for an evening of fellowship and good fun, as we recognize key volunteers dedicated to the betterment of our community. The fundraiser will include dinner, a folklorico show, silent auction, drawings and dancing.
Date: Saturday, January 25, 2014
Time: Doors open at 6pm
Place: Salon Real de Peña’s, La Peñita
Tickets: $300 peso donation
Tickets are available at: Xaltemba Restaurant in La Peñita, Rodeo Restaurant in Rincón Guayabitos, Thursday Tiangis Remax Real Estate and Dr. Abraham Lopez. or email Susana at email@example.com.
To learn more, view the Rotary Club of Jaltemba Bay community webpage.
by Susana Escobido