KinderAide is an independent, non-profit group of volunteers. Our primary goal is to assist under-privileged kinder schools in the Jaltemba Bay area by providing much needed school supplies and basic infrastructure needs, including water and shade structures.
KinderAide was established in January 2011, when Jane Fellows (La Peñita visitor of 30 years) saw a poster at a local kinder school asking for pencils, paper and a volunteer English teacher. She naively volunteered, realized the shortage of school supplies and began fundraising. In April of that year Jane was introduced, by a Mexican friend, to five other schools in need. She decided to distribute donated schools supplies and bring a Santa and donated gifts to each school’s Christmas party.
KinderAide continues to grow.
Learn More about KinderAide
- Read Articles, News & Updates published on the Explore Nayarit Blog
- Contact Jane Fellows via the form below.
Hours & Details
The ExploreNayarit.com team is proud to donate their time and resources to create and host community webpages like this one. It’s one small way we can give back to those who play an integral part in our community!
Business Categories: Community & Volunteering
How Can You Help?
- ATTEND KinderAide fundraisers.
- DONATE crayons, paper of any kind (construction, photo copy), notebooks, white erasers, pencil sharpeners, rulers, blunt-nosed scissors, glue sticks, stickers and any dollar store craft item you deem appropriate for 4 and 5 year olds.
- CASH DONATIONS are always needed and accounted for.
Donations may be made through mail, direct deposit, email money transfer or in person.
- In 2012, our main project was the water and kitchen at the Jardin de Niños: Luis Pasteur kinder school in La Peñita. We also provided white boards for 5 schools, tons of school supplies for 5 schools, and 6 volunteer English teachers.
- In the spring 2013, we organized the KinderAide Street Dance as our only fundraiser. Our goal was reached to provide a pump and plumbing for the existing cistern, so during high season when at Luis Pasteur when they don’t get town water, they will still have water.
- In 2014, KinderAide provided shade structures for Jardin de Ninos: Luis Pastuer, La Patria and Jospha de Ortiz.
- In 2015, KinderAide independantly built two new schools – Jardin de Niños: Lauron’s in La Colonia and Marcello in Pedra Bola. In addition, KinderAide continued supplying 6 schools with donated school supplies and volunteer English teachers.
Leave a Review
- Owner/Manager: Jane Fellows (Miller)
- Address: Av. Del Estero
- Town: Los Ayala
- Phone: (327) 274-1258
- US/Canada Phone:
- US/Canada Cell: