Last week, the malecón construction superintendent informed Tiki, owner of Restaurant Las Brisas, that the entire malecón project in La Peñita, including the roads and sidewalks, would be completed before the end of July.
Some of the items that still need to be finished are:
- Finish construction of the malecón walls
- Finish the decorative wall caps
- Remove existing electrical lines and poles and bury new lines
- Install access stairways, handicap ramps and the deck of the promenade
- Finish adjacent roads and sidewalks.
(top photo) Decorative wall caps near one of the stairways that will lead down to the beach.
by David Thompson
This story was submitted by one of our regular contributors. To learn more about the author/photographer, click on the “Contributors” tab near the top of the page. If you want to join in and share information, stories and photos of Jaltemba Bay, Mexico, please email them to Allyson@JaltembaBayLife.com