- We create and publish original content (words and images), which we make available for our readers in our websites and publications.
- We reproduce press releases solely intended for such purposes by news sources, crediting such sources as necessary. We do not assume that a news item or article published elsewhere is a press release available for reproduction by anyone.
- We abide by established fair use guidelines, only quoting 10% or less from source stories produced by other news outlets, notifying sources ahead of time as a courtesy, and crediting them accordingly with a web link back to the page containing the original article.
- We agree to feature the contents of this document in its entirety and unmodified in each of our websites, with a link referencing it located in the footer of our home page.
Who We Are
The current list of Responsible Journalism members is located below. Any other local/regional news source is welcome to join us. However, in order to do so, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be willing to abide by the above guidelines.
- You must be unanimously approved by all the current members, below.
Media outlets wishing to join Responsible Journalism may do so by contacting any of the current members: