Las Tres Amigas are sponsoring a Christmas Stocking Campaign to gather school supplies, and pesos to purchase supplies, for the Teacher Resource Centre, a new initiative of Los Amigos de Jaltemba, located in the Community Cultural Centre in La Peñita. According to Gema Marquez from the Teacher Resource Centre, teachers and students really appreciate help with paper, colored markers, scissors, notebooks and other basic school supplies, BUT what they really would like to have is teaching aids to use in their classes.
The Las Tres Amigas Christmas Stocking Campaign will launch with a Wine Tasting and Appetizer evening at Xaltemba Restaurant on Wednesday, December 5th, from 5:30-7:30pm.
- Tickets can be purchased for a minimum donation of $150 pesos. We are also asking everyone to bring school supplies or pesos to purchase needed items and to help us fill the stockings!
- Tickets include 1 flight (4 tastings) of Chilean and/or Mexican wine and a sample appetizer plate. Extras are available for purchase: $50 pesos for wine and $60 pesos for appetizers.
- Wine is being provided by Antonio of Vinos and Wine in Puerto Vallarta. If you want to take a favorite or two home with you, we have a special price of $140 pesos per bottle. Buy a case and you’ll get a bottle free.
- Tickets are available from Xaltemba Restaurant & Galeria, from Jeanie Mintzmyer at the Hidden Paradise Real Estate booth at the Tianguis, from Rick Helberg of Jaltemba Bay Realty booth at the Tianguis or by emailing Las Tres Amigas at email@example.com. MONDAY, DECEMBER 3 is the LAST CHANCE to buy your tickets at the Tianguis. Tickets may be purchased at the door, if available.
- We encourage you to stay for dinner at Xaltemba. A fixed menu will be available (reservations are recommended).
Silent Auction includes great items AND the 4 incredible stockings shown here. Silent Auction items of special interest include:
- Luncheon for 8 hosted by Thomas Bartlett in late February with special guest Mrs. Mondavi, along with a selection of Mondavi wines.
- Hand carved walking stick donated by Anne Easby.
- 4 incredible giant Christmas stockings designed and donated by Sydney Richmond.
- More items just right for Christmas! Jewelry, Christmas decorations, wine accessories, decorative plates, dinner gift certificate.
After the Event: The stockings will then be placed at four locations until December 20, so that everyone in the community can donate to this project. Encourage your friends and neighbours to stop by Xaltemba Restaurant, Armando’s Joyeria, Vista Guayabitos Restaurant or the Fitness Pad to donate either school supplies or pesos for the project.
LET’S SEE HOW MANY TIMES WE CAN FILL THE CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS!
About Las Tres Amigas: We are three women, who one day sat discussing fundraising and how the community needed an afternoon event when Fiesta 2012 at the Bartlett residence was no longer being offered. Two of us had already thought of an afternoon tea and we were off to the races as they say. We have all been involved in our respective communities and have the philosophy of giving back to where you live.
The Tea was a rewarding event with wonderful music, laughter, food, views and pesos for three scholarships being raised. We were dubbed “Las Tres Amigas” by a friend and now we have added the lady bug to further identify us. The Surf and Turf dinner raised enough pesos for five scholarships. People never cease to amaze us with their generosity and their giving back to our communities.
This year we are organizing five events that we hope provide something for everyone. We would be delighted to have offers of volunteers for any of the events you find particularly enticing. Our contact e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org