All you doggies are invited to come to the upcoming JBAR “Paws for the Cause” fundraiser on April 7, 2013. Bring your masters on leads and take this opportunity to poop and pee in this lovely garden… of course your masters will have to pick it up (tee hee)! We will have a wonderful time sniffing each other and dragging our masters around. If you know humans that love doggies but don’t have one of us… they are welcome, too. More people for us to sniff and lick! And maybe they will adopt one of us!
JBAR “Paws for the Cause” Fundraiser
Date: Sunday, April 7, 2013
Place: Thomas Bartlett’s Hacienda La Peñita
Entrance Fee: $100 peso donation or bag of dog/cat food (from Costco)
Mom says that all the vets, vet techs and volunteers from Canada will be here! If you are a rescue doggie, you can meet the humans that removed your body parts… and thank them.
Mom told me there was a VIDEO made last year. Maybe you are in it, so you had better come and see! These wonderful vets and techs are here for the JBAR free spay and neuter clinic on April 10-13 at Sue & Del Moss’ house in Rincón de Guayabitos. Many of you know the house. You felt good going in… but not so good coming out. But being loved and cared for was worth it! Now we all look and feel great thanks to them! We need to help more doggies like us!
My mom tells me there will be:
- Food and drink tickets (so have your masters bring lots of what they call money)
- Cold beer, wine, water and sodas
- Homemade tacos by Antonia (she is a really good cook and she sneaks me food all the time!)
- AND DOGGIE TREATS!!! Oh goodie… the humans can’t get all the good stuff!
- My friend Melanie from my Doggie Camp will be here taking PICTURES!
- There will be COSTUMES to dress yourselves… well, with help! Or you can come already dressed up. Humans think we dogs like to be dressed up… frankly… well maybe the little ones do!
- I will want to play in the FOUNTAIN and then run around shaking the water on everyone (tee hee)! You can join me!
- More activities and things to buy will also be available
- I am especially looking forward to the smelling and licking part!
And DONATIONS… lots we hope. The poor doggies on the streets need it. Mom found another one today… so thin, but a handsome guy… just wait ’till he goes to Sue & Dels’ house (tee hee). Don’t any one tell him!
Now go, whine and beg, scratch at the door, put your lead in your mouth, and get your master to bring you!!! And for a fee, I will teach you how to use an iPad. Then we can write to each other!
To read more and view photos from the last JBAR “Paws for the Cause” fundraiser, click here.
Written by Reyna (Sarah Walker’s dog who helps JBAR by donating her blood for dogs needing transfusions)… woof WOOF!!!
About Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue (JBAR): Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue (JBAR) was established in 2003 by Lin Chimes of Los Ayala, Nayarit, Mexico. Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue advocates humane and healthy practices for animals in the Jaltemba area by promoting health, education, spay and neutering, adoptions, foster care and positive relationships with animals and their owners. JBAR also works to find homes for street dogs and cats. This effort has significantly improved the overall health and enjoyment of life on Jaltemba Bay for human visitors, residents and also our four-legged friends. To learn more or to make a donation, visit Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue (JBAR).
This story was written by one of our regular contributors. To learn more about the author/photographer, click on the “Contributors” tab near the top of the page. If you want to join in and share information, stories and photos of Jaltemba Bay, Mexico, please email them to Allyson@JaltembaBayLife.com