According to Nayaritenlínea.mx, data has been obtained from the Delegación Federal de la Secretaría de Comunicaciones y Transportes (Ministry of Communications and Transport) in Nayarit and confirms that the highway from Jala to Puerto Vallarta is under construction and is currently in the first of three stages of the national highway infrastructure program of the Federal Government.
The work, described as “essential” by President Enrique Peña Nieto in his National Tourism Policy, will connect the Riviera Nayarit and the state of Nayarit to the center of the country.
According to the plan, the highway will unite the municipality of Jala to the Riviera Nayarit and will be completed in 2017. It will take an investment of more than $12,250 million pesos.
- The Jala-Compostela-Banderas Bay Highway will have a total length
of 184 km.
- The project involves the construction of an A4-type high traffic motorway with four lanes and an A2-type motorway with two-lanes at the branches to Compostela, Guayabitos, Ursulo Galvan and Bucerias.
- The highway begins at the junction of Jala and the Guadalajara-Tepic highway, and ends at the junction just west of Puerto Vallarta.
- The highway begins at the junction of Jala and ends at the junction just west of Puerto Vallarta.
- The project will include construction of 8 junctions and 70 structures (including 3 tunnels).
- Reduce travel time by 1 hour 30 minutes (from 3 hours to 1 hour 30 minutes).
- Increase road safety by providing a better way to cross the Sierra Vallejo.
- Eliminate bottlenecks along the route, and avoid passing through the towns of Las Varas, La Peñita, Rincón de Guayabitos, Lo de Marcos, San Ignacio, San Francisco, Chulavista, Bucerias and Mezcales.
- Improve and link the Nayarit municipalities of Banderas Bay and Compostela.
- Trunk: 184 km; Branches: 166.1 kms; Pacific Corredor: 17.9 km
- $12,259 million pesos = $7,110 million pesos (Jala-Compostela-Las Varas) and $5,149 million pesos (Las Varas-Puerto Vallarta)
- 6,400 TDPA
- Fondo Nacional de Infraestructura (FNI)
- December 2011 to June 2017
- Promote the development of tourism in the Rivera Nayarit and Puerto Vallarta.
- Preserve the ecology of the natural protected area of the Sierra de Vallejo.
Go to original article in Spanish on Nayaritenlinea.mx